Role: Teaching Specialist
We are looking for a skilled and highly motivated individual to lead the development of teaching materials for an integrated hardware/software platform which teaches young people in Zambia the fundamentals of building a decentralised renewable energy supply. You will be working in a small team to deliver an innovative product which has the potential to make renewable electricity accessible to millions of people.
- Leading the development of a curriculum teaching people how to design, build and maintain household electricity supplies
- Working closely with a designer, electronic engineer and software engineer to create digital and physical teaching materials
- Collaborating with a designer to create human centred design study
- Bringing insight into the broader context of education in Zambia
- Representing the views of teachers in design studies
- Supporting the development of a detailed product specifications for hardware and software platforms
- Supporting development of an educational feature phone application teaching people how to build an electricity supply
- Managing student learning through an online learning platform
- Evaluating student data and teaching impact
- Fieldwork in rural areas investigating the impact of our programmes
- A passion for education
- Bachelor degree in physics, engineering or related field.
- Experience teaching in a low resources rural setting, without reliable electricity.
- Experience teaching electronics up to A-level or beyond.
- A teaching qualification along with recent teaching experience.
- Willing to complete a background check
- Demonstrated capacity to develop innovative teaching programmes
- Experience in planning for and implementing high impact teaching strategies
- Experience evaluating the impact of teaching programs on student learning
- Experience in using data to inform teaching practice and providing feedback to students
- Ability to engage and inspire young aspiring future engineers and scientists
- Command of English, Nyanja and Bemba
- Experience using Microsoft Office and Google Suit
- Experience with electronic circuits
- Excellent problem solving and communication skills
- Hands on experience with electronics testing equipment (scope, DMM, sig-gen, PSU)